Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Made the trip



If you live in Brisbane and is anything like me and LOVE to make, create and imagine. Then it is well worth the trip to http://www.reversegarbage.com.au/.





Reverse Garbage is a not-for-profit workers' co-operative that collects high quality industrial discards, diverting them from landfill to sell them at low cost to the general public.


The only bad thing I did was not bring my car, I caught the train. So had to buy things that could fit into my green bag. I bought some carpet squares for 50cents each and some whiteboard felt (for now)


I had a lovely day with a very dear friend of mine re discovering West End and discovering the West End Markets. If your after fruit and veggies, vegetarian foods, and some retro/vintage clothing, then West End is for you. I also checked out http://nook-shop.blogspot.com/ and spotted some lovely handmade items from my favourite blogs! Nook is totally worth a look aswell. Oh and finally when your hungry from walking around and exploring what West End has to offer, have lunch at Urge Burger..Yum yum yum!!


I am currently working on buntings. I made a NSW bunting for a friend of mine and her mum wants a Queenslander one. Its looking good. Although I am a little bias, I am a Queenslander after all. I am planning to have it done by the end of tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment